2/8/12

Valentine's Day Ideas

Here are some really neat Valentine's Day ideas that you might want to do with your kiddos!

When I was younger, friendship bracelets were all the rage.  It looks like they are making a comeback.  I recently spotted a cool Valentine's Day handout idea on Pinterest that involves them (see pic below).  Kaylee and I are going to these for this year.  If you need a tutorial (or refresher like myself), go here to make a Diagonal Striped Friendship Bracelet (click here).  You might want to look around that site as they have patterns for the bracelets.  To do this project, you'll need embroidery thread or what I call DMC thread (actual brand name).  In craft speak, this is thread that you use to do cross-stitch.  In my area, it was hard to find.  I just about gave up when I spotted some or rather something revamped for the 21st Century!  It is called "Friendship Thread" (of all things...lol!) and comes in a variety of colors.  I found a box of 36 skeins at Wal-Mart for just under $4.00.

The idea below is from Design Mom (click here).
She has graciously uploaded a pdf file of the messages and even a tutorial on the bracelets ones that are featured in the pic.
Just print on cardstock to save time!


Here's another take on this idea. This one comes from Dandee Designs




Another cool idea I found while surfing through Pinterest was this one from Alissa at Keepin' It Real: 24-7-365!  How creative!  To read more on how to do this yourself...click here.


Last year, my daughter and I made these Rock Candy Valentines (see below) for her to hand out to her friends.  This craft was featured on the Family Fun website.  I updated the song list as she had no idea what those songs were...lol!  I think Nerds would work as well if you tweak the wrap-around to fit.  Boys could use yellow or light blue instead of pink paper.


Here's yet another idea seen on Pinterest.  This comes from The Teacher Wife.  I'm thinking these would be great as a party favor for older kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment