1/30/12

Boost Your Budget Pantry Challenge ~ January 2012 wrap-up




Boost Your Budget Pantry Challenge

First off, I would like thank Denise at the Shopper Strategy for organizing this challenge! 

I started this challenge late and was a week behind my co-hosts.  I was going to finish up this week but I've decided to restart the challenge for February instead. 


So how did I do...
I think I did okay for what went on in my home (work, health, etc.).  I did not meet my goal of not going over $160 but did not go over $200 for groceries. I downsized the stockpile a bit and made some room in the freezers.  I brought my lunch to work more which allowed me to grab some good holiday clearance finds.  I lost some weight and learned how to make two new soup recipes.  All in all, I think I did pretty good and can't wait to challenge myself again in February!   


Recap of the Boost Your Budget Pantry Challenge 2012 version:
Denise at Shopper Strategy suggested this challenge as a way for us to support each other in giving our budget a boost by cleaning out our pantries. The general idea is use items in our stockpile and freezers to give our budgets a boost to start off the New Year. Each of us that are participating have set up our own personal goals/rules.  The Challenge is being co-hosted by myself, Shopper StrategyGoing Crazy Wanna Go?The Frugalista Chick, Matter of Cents, Thrifty Divas, Frugal Mom of Two, How About FreeTheItMom.comAll The World Is ArtSweeping The USA, Mommies Point of View, Mama's Money Tree, Crunchy Frugalista, Fab Find Foodie, Making Time For Mommy, Adventures in Coupons, Full Price? NEVER!, The Frugal Navy Wife, Generations of SavingsA Savings WOW!, and of course, Shopper Strategy

Each Monday during January all of us that are participating are going to post an update of our goals and how we're doing at meeting those goals through the linky below. Plus, we’re also going to be giving away a $25 Coupon Clutch gift certificate each week to one participant who either leaves a link to a challenge post or a comment about their challenge goals. Congrats to Danielle from The Frugal Navy Wife for winning last week's drawing of the $25 Coupon Clutch gift certificate! 

3 comments:

  1. I am also continuing the challenge. Wow! You even lost weight from it?! That's amazing! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did the Sacred Heart Diet which involves eating alot of veggies. I was able to make most of the soup from items that I already had. So I got to loose weight while using items from the stockpile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is a great resource for so many blog things. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete