1/30/12

Super 1 Foods ~ 1/25 - 1/31 ad highlights

I really meant to get the highlights typed up last week but as you can tell that didn't happen.  We had an ad in the office and I quickly glanced at it as I needed to pick up milk and eggs on the way home.  I am so glad that I did as it reminded me that they had 3 lb. bags of apples on sale for $1.98 each. Here is the ad in case you didn't get one in the mail.


See the pic above?  All you see plus 4 six-packs of Shasta soda (not pictured) was just $47.16 w/tax!  Now, how did I do this?  Here's the breakdown:

3, 3 lb. bags of Northwest apples - Red Delicious, Granny Smith or Gala (I bought one of each.) ~ $1.98 each
1, 3 lb. bag of bananas ~ $1.44 each
1 head of cauliflower ~ $1.48 each
2 bunches of mustard greens ~ 2/$1
2 packs of baby Portebella mushrooms ~ marked down to 99¢ each
1 small tub of canteloupe ~ marked down to 99¢
2 tangerines (came out to two of them) ~ $1.28/lb, 78¢
1, 17 oz. bottle of Food Club olive oil ~ $2.88
1, gallon of Foremost milk ~ $4.19 (This is cheaper than the store brand!)
2 packs of Eckrich Bacon Cheddar Smoked Links ~ $1.97 each (These had $0.55/1 peelies on them!)
2 packs of Jenny-O Smoked Turkey Cheddar Links ~ 1.77 each (These had $1/2 peelies on them! Sale price runs through early Feb.)
18 ct. package of eggs ~ $1.89 w/in-ad cpn
2 boxes of Kellogg's Pop-tarts ~ $1 each w/in-ad cpn
4 six-packs of Shasta soda ~ 97¢ each w/in-ad cpn
3 packages of boneless skinless chicken breasts ~ $1.27/lb w/in-ad cpn (4.26 lbs, $5.28 total)
4 boxes of Nabisco Premium Crackers ~ $1.50 w/in-ad cpn (There was a $1/2 tearpad near the display which made them $1 each!)
1 bag Foster Farms Value pack of chicken patties ~ $2.00 each (*See note below!)


I am probably going to make another run tomorrow to get more apples, chicken, olive oil, and maybe crackers.  Hubby loves his crackers so I've got to keep them in stock.  This price is the cheapest I've seen in some time for the Nabisco ones.

*The Foster Farms chicken is part of a new promo that Super 1 has started doing called Super Shockers.  The patties and nuggets are $2 each.  I think this sale price is good thru 02/07/12 but is on a while supplies last basis.  So once a store is out, that's it.  More info can be found here.








4 comments:

  1. I keep all my crackers in the freezer .. keeps them fresher longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I will have to try that. Hubby eats them pretty fast so I usually don't have to worry about them going stale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article! We will be linking to this great article on our site.Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete